Zurich / Muttenz / Remote
Software Engineer, Android 80-100%Because good design is essential on the mobile platform, we are looking for a product-aware engineer who appreciates good user experience. You are not only rock-solid technically, but also have a flair for apps which are a joy to use.
Our portfolio currently consists of 4 consumer facing apps and we plan to release several more. You will be our main developer for the Android platform and will work within the mobile team. As such you will take full ownership of our Android codebase and will keep it to a high standard.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Build a framework to underpin all our Android apps
- Work closely together with our designers and our backend engineering team
- Take full ownership of building, releasing and maintaining our existing as well as new apps on Android
Key skills / requirements
- Minimum of three years of experience developing Android apps
- A sense for world class mobile products and love of great engineering
- Ability to tackle problems outside your comfort zone and get things done without supervision
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Shipped successful Android app(s), ideally still available in the Play Store
- Experience running a test and release infrastructure for Android apps
- Generalist engineering skills (web, backend, or sysadmin)
- Basic knowledge of German
What we offer
- Build products for a customer base of more than 5 million people across 5 countries
- Access the resources of a big corporate but get the freedom of working in an uncomplicated environment
- Work from home when you need to
- Competitive salary
- 9 out of 12 points on “The Joel Test” (https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2000/08/09/the-joel-test-12-steps-to-better-code/)
A contact you should connect with
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents. Please apply online only. Direct applications are preferred.