Zurich / Muttenz / Remote
Entrepreneur in Residence (Internship, 100%, 6 months)Valora digital is the tech unit of Valora. We are a team of developers and product managers that tackle projects that delight customers, improve processes and keep the company ready for the future of retail. We call ourselves builders & doers instead of thinkers & talkers, because we pride ourselves on taking ownership of projects from A to Z and not letting anything get in the way of shipping. Our main areas of focus are Autonomous Stores, Ecommerce & Delivery, Loyalty & Payments and Process Improvement.
The future of retail employs advanced technologies such as computer vision and machine learning to transform the customer experience and dramatically change the cost structure by getting rid of checkout and automating common tasks such as restocking. At Valora we want to be at the forefront of such developments and want to move from concept to successful pilot and widespread rollout as fast as technology allows and the business case makes sense. As our Entrepreneur in Residence you will support us in making this future happen by taking ownership of 1-3 innovation projects and drive/develop them with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Own and drive your own projects within Valora Digital for one of the following vertices "Autonomous Stores", "eCommerce & Delivery", "Loyalty & Payments" and "Process Improvement & Automation"
- Research new market opportunities and act as a consultant to management
- Conduct analyses from a financial as well as a user/customer perspective
- Collaborate with engineering, design, legal, marketing and business teams to ship new products, features and projects on time and on budget
- Support the product management team in large-scale flagship projects by owning workstreams
- Represent your projects and work streams inside and outside the company, including to all levels of company leadership
Key skills / requirements
- Close to Bachelor graduation or already enrolled as a Master student in a University program
- Ideally some practical experience from internship(s) in consulting, startups or tech companies and/or international experience (e.g. exchange semester or internship abroad)
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Ambitious and equipped with an entrepreneurial mindset to make things happen
- Strong affinity for technical and digital concepts
- Ability to work with limited guidance and proactively collaborating with multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Very good spoken and written communication skills in English and good spoken and written communication skills in German
What we offer
- Build products for a customer base of more than 5 million people across 5 countries
- Access the resources of a big corporate but get the entrepreneurial freedom of a startup
- Open-minded and solution-oriented working culture with flat hierarchies and highly-talented and ambitious colleagues to learn from
- Steep learning curve in a tech-heavy environment
- Competitive salary
- Office with roof terrace in the heart of Zurich, equipped with free snacks and free drinks
- State-of-the art hardware and software to work with
A contact you should connect with
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents. Please apply online only. Direct applications are preferred.